Pentax has recently launched a firmware update for the Pentax 645D medium-format DSLR camera. The firmware version 1.02 brings minor improvements such as:
1. When processing Noise Reduction after long exposure, remaining time is displayed on LCD panel
2. When mode dial is set to “X”, Flash X-Sync Speed can be set by custom function menu.
3. When connecting to a computer via the USB cable, recognized Disk name is changed from [Removable Disk] to [645D].
If format SD memory card, volume label will be [645D].
4. After mirror lock-up, extended standby time (until mirror automatically return to original position) from approximate 1 minute to 5 minutes. If Auto Power Off setting is shorter than 5 minutes, Auto Power Off setting has priority.
Click here to download the firmware software. [Pentax]
Olympus has rolled out a new firmware update for the XZ-1 compact digital camera. The new firmware version 1.1 resolves the issue that occurred when the Power button of the dedicated flash units was operated. You can download the firmware update here. [Olympus]
Olympus has decided to upgrade the E-PL2 Micro Four Thirds camera by releasing a new firmware update. The firmware update version 1.1 changes the default setting of Image Stabilizer (IS) to “On” when converter lens scene mode Fisheye Effect, Wide-angle, and Macro are selected. Olympus E-PL2 owners can download the firmware software here. [Olympus]
Here is good news for all Olympus E-5 owners. The company has issued a new firmware update for this DSLR camera. The firmware version 1.1 resolves the issue of the LCD monitor color compensation being reset. You can download the firmware software here. [Olympus]
Ricoh has released a new firmware update for the G700SE camera. The new firmware version 1.6 includes the following changes:
1. Added Folder naming options
2. Added the option for Show Folder at startup
3. Added Folder playback option
4. Corrected the phenomenon that the camera may not recognize the GP-1 (optional GPS unit) properly.
Ricoh G700SE owners can download the firmware software here. [Ricoh]
Ricoh has rolled out the firmware update version 1.13 for its GXR camera body and interchangeable modules. The firmware version 1.13 includes the following updates and bug fixes:
1. In [A] mode, with configured AE lock and AE bracket; the shutter speed recorded in the captured image may be different from the actual shutter speed.
2. Corrects the phenomenon when an Eye-Fi card is inserted in the camera and it turns on the power, it will take time to start up, or the camera will not start.
3. Only with Simplified Chinese (language setting in the camera): When you adjust exposure, a number shown in the right side of the exposure compensation slider in the screen may not show a proper number.
4. When using the GXR camera unit with the GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5 module, pressing down the Macro button causes the focus ring movement to become faster.
You can download the firmware software here. [Ricoh]