Fujifilm today posted a new firmware update for the Fujifilm Finepix X100 large-sensor compact camera. The firmware update version 1.10 incorporates 23 improvements, additions and bug fixes. Hit the jump to see the lists of improvements. Click here to download the firmware update. Read more…
Casio has issued a firmware update for the TRYX compact digital camera. The firmware version 1.01 brings the following enhancements and improvements:
- Adds an LED light [Auto] mode.
- Adds an icon to the REC mode screen for switching to the PLAY mode.
- Changes the REC icon and PLAY icon designs.
- Adds a function for displaying the remaining number of shots and movie recording time.
- Improves connection with Mac OS9.
You can download the Casio TRYX firmware update version 1.01 here. [Casio]
Ricoh has recently released a new firmware update for the Ricoh GXR system. The firmware update version 1.36 offers these improvements:
1. Should exposure be adjusted in the [Cross Process] SCENE mode, the color displayed during monitoring may differ from the actual color.
2. The exposure may not be correct in these cases: after taking a picture in well lit area, then immediately turning the camera off and on and taking another picture.
3. With some settings, if you attempt to take a picture in a dark area, the camera will not respond.
In addition, the update contains fixes for a couple of bugs that affect the GR A12 28mm f2.5 lens, the GR A12 50mm f2.5 Macro lens, Ricoh S10 24-72mm f2.5-4.4 VC lens and Ricoh P10 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 VC lens. [Ricoh]
Canon has decided to update the EOS 60D DSLR with a new firmware update. The firmware version 1.0.9 for the EOS 60D digital SLR camera fixes:
- a problem where the camera operates abnormally when set to Quick Mode AF during Live View shooting under certain conditions
- a phenomenon where the camera operates abnormally when after Live View shooting, the remote switch on the EOS Utility screen is pressed to start movie-shooting.
- and changes the name of the feature called “Art Filters” to “Creative Filters” for the Japanese model.
Click here to download the firmware update.
Here is good news for all Leica X1 owners, because the company has issued a new firmware update for this camera. The firmware update version 2.0 offers the following improvements:
- improved image quality
- shorter time lag between exposures
- improved AF response, especially in low-light conditions and in the case of low contrast subjects
- improved MF setting accuracy due to monitor image now always based on wide open aperture
Click here to download the firmware update. [Leica]
The latest firmware update for the Pentax K-5 improves AutoFocus accuracy in low light and enhances stability for general performance. Pentax K-5 owners can download the firmware version 1.03 here. [Pentax]