Here’s the good news for all Canon EOS 5D Mark II owners. Canon has rolled out the new firmware update for this full-frame digital SLR camera. The new firmware update version 2.1.1 includes the following fixes and improvements:
1. Fixes a phenomenon where shooting stops after capturing one image when in continuous shooting or the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) continuous shooting setting.
2. Corrects wording in the Dutch language menu screen.
You can download the firmware update version 2.1.1 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II right here for free. [Canon]
The firmware update version 1.10 for the Ricoh PX enables a faster zooming speed and improves the image quality that is displayed in the rear screen. If you are a Ricoh PX owner, you can download the new firmware update right here. [Ricoh]
Pentax today announced the availability of the new firmware update version 1.01 for the Pentax Q compact digital camera. The new firmware update improves the resolution when the in-camera sharpening level is set to “Fine Sharpness”. The firmware also improves overall stability. Pentax Q owners can download the firmware update version 1.01 right here. [Pentax]
The latest firmware update for the Sigma SD1 DSLR camera is now available for download. The firmware update version 1.03 improves
- Accuracy of Auto White Balance.
- Accuracy of evaluative exposure metering.
- Accuracy of flashgun light control.
- Image quality at high ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 (only RAW file).
- Sharpness processing (only RAW file).
- Various bugs have been corrected to achieve more stable operation.
This firmware update should be applied to any SD1 camera that has firmware “Ver.1.02″ and lower. You can download the firmware software right here. [Sigma]
Panasonic has issued the firmware update version 2.0 for the Panasonic Lumix LX5 digital camera. The latest firmware enhances the camera’s performance such as:
1. Auto Focus speed-up.
2. [HIGH ISO NR] has been added to the [REC] menu.
3. Improved auto white balance performance.
4. [ACTIVE MODE] has been added to the [MOTION PICTURE] menu.
5. The AF/AE Lock operated by half-pressing the shutter button has been improved.
6. When [MF] is set, you can make fine adjustments to the focus using a simpler operation than before.
7. The position and size of the AF area you have set are now stored.
8. The upper limit of the shutter speed in Manual Exposure Mode has been raised. (Max 250 seconds approximately)
9. [MINIATURE EFFECT] has been added to My Colour Mode.
10. [MONITOR] / [VIEWFINDER] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
You can download the firmware update version 2.0 for the Panasonic Lumix LX5 right here. [Panasonic]
Sigma has issued the firmware update version 1.02 for the Sigma SD1 digital SLR camera. The new firmware update corrects various bugs to achieve more stable operation and improves image quality at high sensitivity (ISO 3200, ISO 6400) for raw image files. Additionally, this firmware update also corrects the phenomenon of camera freeze when in Custom White Balance Mode. Sigma SD1 owners are able to download the firmware update version 1.02 here. [Sigma]