The Casio Exilim EX-H5 is a 12-megapixel compact digicam that supports a 24-240mm equivalent zoom lens. This new camera comes equipped with a sensor-shift type image stabilization system, a 2.7-inch LCD screen, an improved Dynamic Photo function, 720p high-definition movie recording and numerous Best Shot modes. The Exilim Engine 5.0 processing chip promises better colour and noise suppression. Folks in Europe are able to purchase the Casio Exilim EX-H5 for €199 ($244). [LetsGoDigital]
Here is good news for all Canon EOS 5D Mark II owners around the world, because the company has rolled out the firmware update version 2.0.7 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II digital SLR camera. This new firmware update brings the following changes:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
You can download the Canon EOS 5D Mark II firmware ver 2.0.7 here. [Canon]
Samsung today released the second NX10 firmware version 1.15 that provides the following improvements:
• System stabilization
• new EVF selection function on the AMOLED displayed menu
• improved SD Card Read/Write speed.
• added MF Asist On/Off selection function
• added MF usage function for K-Mount adapter
• improved Auto White Balance function of Low color temperature condition
You can download the firmware software here. [Samsung]
Fujifilm has decided to release the firmware update ver.1.02 for the FinePix HS10/ HS11 digital camera. This new firmware update fixes several issues such as:
1. In Raw data a line is visible where colors slightly change when developed by Raw File Converter.
2. Battery indicator turns on too early.
3. When “Image Disp.” in set-up menu is set to “Zoom”, sometimes image corrupts.
You can download the new firmware update ver.1.02 for Fujifilm FinePix HS10/ HS11 right here. [Fujifilm]
Word has it that the upcoming Nikon D3Xs will feature a 24MP sensor with ISO sensitivity of 100 to 3200 with Lo-1, Lo-2, Hi-1, Hi-2. The shutter speeds are 5 fps. (12-bit), 3 fps. (14-bit), 9 fps (High-speed crop), and 1 fps (16-bit). This camera also supports new NEF Metering mode and JPEG Metering mode, as well as Full HD with RAW mode. The new Nikon D3Xs will be released in June 2010. We will keep you posted. [NikonRumors]
If you are living in Japan, then you will be able to buy the Cerevo Cam, which is the social camera that directly uploads pictures to the web (via Wi-Fi or 3G). The camera also supports Ustream broadcasting that allows users to directly live-stream videos from their device over Ustream, without needing a PC. The video is streamed in the CIF (352 x 288 resolution) format. A full charge is enough to live-stream for approx. two hours. Using this portable camera, you can also record HD videos (1,280×720 resolution), WVGA (800×480), VGA (640×480), and web-friendly format (320×240). The Cevero Cam features a 9MP CMOS sensor, Wi-Fi 802.11n (b/g/n), 3G HSUPA support, a USB port, a MicroSD card slot, and a 2.4-inch LCD display. The Cerevo Cam retails for $216 (a special Ustream set that includes a wide conversion lens, a 4GB microSD card and a mini tripod costs $20 more). [CrunchGear]