The new Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is a compact and affordable lens, offering powerful telephoto performance combined with high image quality. The lens ideal for shooting anything from portraits to longer-distance subjects, such as wildlife, sports, or even features within a landscape. The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens will be released in July 2011 for £329.99/€369.99/US$540 incl. VAT. This telephoto zoom lens will be available separately and also as part of a double lens kit, bundled alongside the recently-announced Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II with the Canon EOS 550D, EOS 600D and EOS 60D bodies. [PhotographyBLOG]
Canon Australia will launch the Limited Edition Red EOS 1100D Kit on June 6th, 2011. It is available in a limited quantity of 2,000 units. The kit consists of the red Canon EOS 1100D body, the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS II lens, the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4–5.6 IS lens, a red strap and a custom-made aluminum travel case. The Limited Edition Red EOS 1100D Kit will be available via JB HiFi, Bing Lee, Harvey Norman, Ted’s, Camera House stores for AU$1,199 (US$1,285). [Press Release]
Canon today announced the availability for five of its delayed EF lenses.
* Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens is scheduled to be available in late July 2011.
* Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
* Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
* Canon EF 500mm F4L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in December 2011
* Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM lens is also scheduled to be available in December 2011
Stay tuned for more updates. [PhotographyBay]
The Switronix XP-DV-CH is a power adapter cable for Canon’s EOS 5D, 7D and 60D digital SLR cameras. The device features a regulated 7.9v battery paddle (LP-E6 type) and an inline female p-tap connector for 12V DC. The Switronix XP-DV-CH also includes both red and green LED indication to display battery power status. The cable can be used in association with a Switronix accessory or used solo with a PRO-X series lithium-ion battery product. [Product Page]
Canon has decided to update the EOS 60D DSLR with a new firmware update. The firmware version 1.0.9 for the EOS 60D digital SLR camera fixes:
- a problem where the camera operates abnormally when set to Quick Mode AF during Live View shooting under certain conditions
- a phenomenon where the camera operates abnormally when after Live View shooting, the remote switch on the EOS Utility screen is pressed to start movie-shooting.
- and changes the name of the feature called “Art Filters” to “Creative Filters” for the Japanese model.
Click here to download the firmware update.
The new Canon Extender EF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters are now available for pre-order at B&H. Both teleconverters are designed for Canon L-series telephoto lenses. These extenders are perfect for photojournalists, nature and sports photographers who need to get close to distant and challenging subjects. The Extender EF 1.4x and EF 2x increase the focal length of a lens by a factor of 1.4x and 2.0x magnification factor, respectively. To ensure the best possible image quality in all shooting conditions, these teleconverters also combine enhanced environmental protection, redesigned optics and improved data communication between lens and camera. Additionally, the Canon Extender EF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters also feature the Spectra coating that reduces ghosting/ flare and a protective Fluorine coating. Check availability on their respective product pages below.
Canon EF 1.4x III Teleconverter at B&H
Canon EF 2x III Teleconverter at B&H Read more…